We're excited to welcome Josafath Reynoso as assistant professor of scenic design.
Vivian Barnes, '16, received the David C. Evans Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Creative Arts
Kylie McCormick, '17, had her piece 10, 2, 4, accepted to the 14th Annual Richmond Choreographers Showcase. She was also recognized with the A&S Student Symposium Arts Competition Award.
Anne Van Gelder and 20 members of the University Dancers participated in the Mid-Atlantic conference of the American College Dance Association. The students took classes, attended lectures, and performed three works. One of their three performances was selected to be performed at the gala concert at the close of the conference.
- Documenting a Changing Neighborhood
Dr. Laura Browder and Dr. Patricia Herrera had their SSIR course featured on Virginia Currents. Their course, Documenting a Changing Neighborhood, allowed students to engage with the Richmond neighborhood of Church Hill to explore issues of gentrification.
- Stegmeir works on PBS Drama
Theatre department chair Johann Stegmeir served as associate costume designer on the PBS drama Mercy Street, which was just renewed for a second season.
- Diaz and Thornton perform in New York
Dance professors Alicia Diaz and Matthew Thornton performed at the Pregones Theater in New York City with their dance company Agua Dulce Dance Theater. Diaz was interviewed by Culturebot about Deep Listenings, a piece that explores her Puerto Rican heritage.
- New Play Premieres
REMNANTS, co-written and co-directed by Dr. Patricia Herrera, recently premiered as part of the Theatre and Dance department's mainstage season. Style Weekly previewed the show.
- GODSPELLApr137:30 PMWe Beseech Thee! Get your tickets now for Godspell, the legendary rock musical. Based on the Gospel of Matthew, the show... Continue reading
- Arts in Action SSIR Capstone PresentationApr141:30 PM - 2:30 PMAt the end of the academic year, students in the Sophomore Scholars in Residence (SSIR) communities present... Continue reading
- GODSPELLApr147:30 PMWe Beseech Thee! Get your tickets now for Godspell, the legendary rock musical. Based on the Gospel of Matthew, the show... Continue reading
- GODSPELLApr157:30 PMWe Beseech Thee! Get your tickets now for Godspell, the legendary rock musical. Based on the Gospel of Matthew, the show... Continue reading
- GODSPELLApr162:00 PMWe Beseech Thee! Get your tickets now for Godspell, the legendary rock musical. Based on the Gospel of Matthew, the show... Continue reading
Caroline Weber, '17: "Urban Dreams"
Caroline's dance piece "Urban Dreams" will be featured at the University Dancers Annual Spring Concert "Nexus" (Feb 2017)
Kylie McCormick, '17: "Arrow of Time"
Kylie's dance piece "Arrow of Time" will be featured at the University Dancers Annual Spring Concert "Nexus" (Feb 2017)
30-second clips of Momentum
Behind the Scenes of "Momentum", Modlin Center for the Arts
Behind the scenes with the University Dancers in preparation for their spring dance show "Momentum". Show was directed by Anne Van Gelder. (Spring 2016)
Behind the Scenes, Jordan Matter, R'91
Behind the scenes with 1991 alumnus Jordan Matter as he shoots the cover and other photos for the Spring/Summer 2016 issue of University of Richmond Magazine (magazine.richmond.edu).
Behind the Scenes of "Intimate Apparel", Modlin Center for the Arts
Behind the Scenes of "Intimate Apparel", a Modlin Center for the Arts theatre production. Show will be November 19-22, 2015.
University Dancers- Highlights from @30
University Dancers 2014 Spring Concert
Students prepare for an evening performance of “Remnants” - an original hip-hop musical co-written by Patricia Herrera, assistant professor of theatre, and José Joaquín Garcia - with yoga, vocal warm-ups, dance practice, costume checks, and more. (Spring 2015)
The Art of Movement
Assistant professor of dance Matthew Thornton shares how his professional affiliation with Agua Dulce Dance Theater informs his teaching at the University of Richmond. (2013)